Definition and Design Principle of Conveyor Transfer Chute
A chute is used in almost all bulk solid material handling processes. If it is not properly designed and maintained, it will cause the system downtime as much as 12 to 16 weeks per year, and the maintenance cost of a transfer chute is as high as millions of yuan. During the use of the transfer chute, the common problems include: turbulent flow of materials in the feeding area, deviation of the conveyor belt caused by the misalignment of the feeding material, poor sealing of the skirt plate, rapid damage of the buffer idler, and insufficient height and length of the skirt plate. Scattering, dust overflow, coal, coke, grain particles and other materials are broken due to material degradation, the chute and loading conveyor belt are seriously worn, the conveyor belt is damaged and worn due to large materials, material accumulation and blockage, the structural support defect of the chute and skirt, loading Corrosion to transition sections, structural parts, etc. The root of these problems lies in the design flaws of the transfer chute.
In response to the above problems, designers Stuart-Dick and designer Royal have summarized 6 design principles for bulk material transfer chute, and designer Roberts also put forward the problems that need to be considered in the design, which are summarized as follows.
(1) To avoid blocking at the impact point, there should be enough distance between the discharge roller and the impact point of the chute, so as to prevent the material from rebounding after hitting the chute and causing the material to move upward. The ore industry generally requires a minimum inclination angle of 65° to 70° and a design specification of 55° or more.
(2) Ensuring sufficient cross-section Generally, the cross-section of the blanking pipe is required to be 3 to 4 times the cross-section occupied by the transfer material. There is a pair of contradictions here: the larger the cross-section, the smoother the flow of material, and the less likely to cause material blockage; and the excessively large cross-section will cause the material flow to diverge and cause greater dust problems, which needs to be compromised.
(3) Control the particle flow to control the relative concentration of the material flow. Generally, the material is required to fall vertically after passing through the upper deflector, and to ensure that the material is fed to the receiving conveyor to deal with the middle feeding, so as to avoid the conveyor belt caused by the eccentric load of the material. Misalignment and sprinkling issues.
(4) Minimize the friction on the surface of the chute In order to ensure smooth material flow, the surface of the chute is generally required to be smooth. Because the material will wear the liner when it passes through the chute, and the surface of the liner will become smooth after friction, so some designs require the liner to be polished before installation to ensure that the friction between the newly installed liner and the material remains unchanged. .
(5) Control dust generation Control dust is mainly to keep the material in contact with the surface of the chute, so that the material flow is concentrated, and a small impact angle is ensured. When the material passes through the chute, try to maintain a stable speed. Consistent with the running direction of the conveyor belt, the speed is close to the belt speed.
(6) Control material degradation For materials that are easy to be broken, it is necessary to control the speed of material flow to minimize the collision between materials.
Some of the above design principles have the problem of mutual restriction, and avoiding the blockage of the transfer chute is the primary problem, because the blockage means that the function of the transfer chute fails.
Additionally, Ningbo YiFan Conveyor Equipment Co.，Ltd has a few new features planned to roll out in the app to provide more convenience, comfort and options to our clients.
Ningbo YiFan Conveyor Equipment Co.，Ltd’s goal is to achieve customer satisfaction through excellence in design, supply chain management, manufacturing and repair solutions.
container loading machine flexible conveyor system is one of the most commonly used tool for container loading machine.
Ningbo YiFan Conveyor Equipment Co.，Ltd is an expert in manufacturing a wide range of . We also have high quality container loading machine and many others. Visit to know more.